Monday, November 23, 2009

Am I willing to give it all up?

Have you ever sat back and wondered if God is telling you something that you're not sure you really want to hear or that you can do...
I have been listening to God whisper in my ear "Monica are you willing to give it all up"? I keep telling Him I am, but am I .
I have been listening for two weeks at church to families that are adopting children from Africa. I don't feel God is calling David and I to adopt kids from Africa but I do feel that God is calling.
I see ....babies, toddlers, older kids
I see ....those who give up their lives, their comfortable American lives, to do whatever it takes to help these kids
"Monica are you willing to give it all up"?
Am I?

1 comment:

  1. Monica--you have already stepped outside of your comfort zone, and brought two precious little ones into your home. You gave up the ease and familiarity of your routine, your house that worked for the five of you, and the "empty nest" that was soon to be in your future. You are giving your new son and daughter a future that includes Jesus, and that right there is priceless. You don't have to go across the ocean to make a difference! You have already made one! Every little kid at MPC would say that they know the Lord better because of your teaching and instruction!! THAT is what God has called you to do, and my dear, you're doing it WELL!!!

    ReplyDelete