Saturday, July 5, 2014

Still In Love

I got to go to Otis Colorado for the 4th of July which is so fun for me and my family.  This year was very different.  My father-in-law just had his second knee operated on in less than 8 weeks.  

It was the first time that I got to see him.  He is doing so good.  I have never seen him on drugs which was very interesting :)  the slurred speech after he took his medications made me laugh. 

He slept a lot and ate very little which is very out of character for him.  He also has a physical therapist come and exercise with him several times a week.  

One of the exercises that he has to do causes him extreme pain.  He dreads doing this exercise and the worse part is he has to do it 2 time a day and it takes him approximately 12 minutes to do.  

I heard him and my mother-in-law talking about him having to go into the room begin.  I sat in the recliner in the living room and I could see my in-laws laying on their bed beginning the exercise.  The next thing I heard was singing.  For the next 12 minutes my in-laws sang hymns while doing the very painful stretching.  

I watched them lay on the bed hugging each other singing hymns.  
It bought tears to my eyes to watch them 2 times each day love on each other.  

I did not grow up seeing parents love on each other like this.  So this is so foreign to me.  I am so blessed to have the privilege to be a part of this love story that is so beautiful. 

  

1 comment: