Thursday, October 2, 2014

His Work

His Work

May the beauty of the Lord our God be upon us, and establish the work of our hands for us; yes, establish the work of our hands.  
Ps 90:17

I begin day two of praying for my husband with a text from my husband saying: “Day going Bad”
  
My husband texted me his wife to ask for prayer.  To lift him up to the King of Kings what an amazing privilege.  

Not knowing what day two of the “Power of Praying Wife” held for me I was not surprised that God had me praying for his work (because thats how God rolls)

I started out remembering Day one of my prayer time for David….Don’t be overwhelmed by the many ways to pray for David, allow the holy spirit to lead me, and remember that I may not see answers to my prayers right away.  

As I am thinking about my husband, I’m thinking about how his job does not acknowledge him for his hard work.  My attitude turn ugly toward them.  God corrects my thinking and I begin to pray for those he works for too.  Now that is not as easy as it sounds when people come up against your man.

Amazing things happen to our heart when we pray for another person.  

We can stand in the gap for our husbands by praying for them and the work that they do.  David is an amazing provider and somethings I take advantage of that by not thinking him for all he does.  

Here are some very practical ways to pray for our husbands and the work they do…

*That his gifts and talents would be revealed 
*That he would know the calling God has on his life
*That doors would be opened to him 
*That he would become all that God created him to be
*That he would find fulfillment, and confidence
*That he would develop skills that would become more valuable over the passing year



Lord I Pray today that you will show me how to encourage my husband when whose he works with are doing the very opposite.  Show me how I can show him appreciation for the hard worker he is for his family.  Lord thank you that I have a man that is willing to work hard for his family and also has his priorities inline.  May David be planted by the stream of your living water which will bear your fruit all the days of his life.  Amen

No comments:

Post a Comment