Monday, September 8, 2014

God's Goodness

Esther 9

My bible reading today was from Esther 9.  We see in this passage that the Jews have been given the right to defend themselves.  We have here a decisive battle fought between the Jews and their enemies, in which the Jews were victorious.  Haman has been killed and now his sons receive the same fate as he does.  
Reading this chapter I am struck by a few different ideas. 
The main thought is of Gods Goodness to his people.  What looks like a total possible annihilation of the Jews turns out to be a victorious fight for the Jews.  
However, they take nothing from their victory in means of possessions.  This was left because victory was not theirs but Gods.  
Interesting fact about this fight was that they gathered themselves together in their cities.  If they had not had an edict to warrant them, they may not have done it.  Had they acted separately, each family apart, they would have been an easy prey to their enemies; but acting as one, and gathering together in their cities, they strengthened one another, and face their enemies. 
Wow!!!  We talk a lot about relationships at MPC, about the R in C.O.R.E.  (C-corporate worship, 
O-Others focused, R-relationship with other believers, E-education of Gods word)

This passage talks about Gods people uniting together to defeat the enemy.  
Today the enemy would like nothing more than to separate us so that he could pick us off one by one.  
However, when we are in fellowship with other believer, when we are standing shoulder to shoulder against the enemy we are able to stand stronger against the enemy and draw strength from one another. 

Today we see so many people bashing and talking about other believer or other churches.  We see lots of people fighting and taking other beleivers to court over stuff.  
I think that we need to be very careful about this.  Yes I believe that we need to warn people when false teaching is being taught or when something is being said that is unbiblical but bashing just to make ourselves or our church look better can be very harmful to the body.  The big C-church as a whole.  
I don't say this without fingers pointing back at me.  I have been guilt of this on many occasions.   I hope that as I mature in Christ,  I begin to see things the way He sees them.  That my eyes are open to the things that hurt him and that they begin to have the same impact on me.  

I want to make it very clear however that when a church or its pastor begins go down a road that looks and  feels unscriptural that they should be called out.  I also believe that their are some that seem to look the part but if you listen carefully to their teaching you'll find that its really about them and not about God.  I believe that scripturally as believers its the obligation of the church to point this out.  
This is very different than just talking down about a church or pastor to make yours look better.   

Ok enough of that soap box!

Sometimes when I'm wrapped up in my own problems my own stuff I stop looking up.  I stop looking at where my help comes from.  The Jews relied on the goodness of their God and the justice of their cause, and resolved to make their utmost efforts against their enemies.  
I need to remember that my fight, my enemy is not flesh and blood but against the rulers and authorities of the unseen world, against mighty powers in this dark world, and against evil spirits in the heavenly places. (Eph. 6:12) Amen

Join me as I begin a two week journey to get Spiritually Ripped.  Catch up and listen to the past messages they are really good!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment