Saturday, June 13, 2009

NeW KiNd OF NormAL

As I sit down to finally blog after several weeks, I ponder over how different my life is. David just left to go play basketball....Jelissa is house sitting at the Batchelders....Kristie is house sitting for Nikki....Lakeisha is hanging out with friends after spending all day yesterday at Eliches with friends(alone).... and I'm home with two little babies watching Cynthia discover the joy of learning to stand, and Darius playing with his, new to him, Rescue Hero Men.

I have often wondered about God's since of Humor and looking at my life some days I know for sure He has one.

I've loved watching my girls grow up and become women....I love being a mom to Darius and Cynthia....I love being the wife to my very best friend, David....I love working with the kids at church....And I love serving the Lord with all my heart....but there are days when I sit back and think about just how tired I am and whether I have anything left to give. Is this a normal feeling?
AND THEN GOD SAYS
READ WHAT I CAN DO----READ WHO I AM
PSALMS 23:1-6
The Lord is my shepherd, I shall not be in want.
He makes me lie down in green pastures,
he leads me beside quiet waters,
he restores my soul
(I love that part)
He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake.
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death,
I will fear no evil, you rod and your staff,
they comfort me.
(I can't even count the days I've needed that comfort)
You prepare a table before me
in the presence of my enemies.
You anoint my head with oil;
my cup overflows
( I have so many blessings that my cup does indeed overflow)
Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life,
and I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever.
(This is exactly where I want to be forever)
Now those are words that energize me. Knowing that I can do all that I need to do with God's strength helps me keep going....even when I have days when I want to just go back to bed and give up, God will comfort me and guide my path.

No comments:

Post a Comment