Monday, April 25, 2011

Jonah and the Whale

D's Sunday Teacher is expecting her first baby in July and this has made D say some of the funniest things to her.  There is a lot of baby talk going on during 2nd service and she is so good about telling me what D tells her during class.  
  
This Sunday D was pretending to shoot a gun with an object not a gun (I guess that does not matter but I don't want people to think I allow guns in the preschool at MPC)
Anyway he acted like he was going to shot his teach.  She told him not to shot her because he would hurt the baby.

He immediately asked her if it was a girl.

She told him no it was a boy and his name was Jonah.

He said "like Jonah who got swallowed by a whale"

Which she answered yes to.

Later on during the class D walked up to her and let her know that when he was a baby that a whale swallowed him too and then spit him out.

My son is a funny boy.  We actually just discussed the account of Jonah and the Whale this week.  I was very impressed that he remembered different details from the story.  I don't remember the part where he was swallowed up though :)

AND JUST FOR THE RECORD I LOVE HIS PRESCHOOL SUNDAY TEACHER, ALYSSA DUNCAN
  ON MANY OCCASIONS HE HAS COME HOME SINGING SONGS SHE HAS TAUGHT HIM OR REPEATING ACCOUNTS FOR CLASS.  MERIDIAN POINT TEACHERS ROCK!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment