10 Ways to Give Life to Your Home: By Renee Behringer
1. Retain our tongues to give words that encourage, comfort and edify others.
2. Offer life-giving and grace-filled word to husband and children.
3. Make our home a place of grace where mistakes and sins are not met with anger but with love and hope.
4. Decorate our homes to make home a place of beauty. Beauty raises life above mere existence.
5. Develop necessary cleaning skills and habits; clutter causes stress.
6. Face our anger, anxiety, fear and depression. Our homes reflect our mental/ spiritual/ emotional health. Ask the Lord to replace these emotions with faith and hope.
7. Plan regular times away from home to rejuvenate and gain perspective.
8. Persevere in planning fun activities for family on weekends or ordinary weekdays.
9. Play praise or worship music to lift everyone's spirits.
10. Ask the Lord: What areas of my home are causing stress or bringing spiritual/ emotional/-mental 'deadness'? What can I do to bring life to those places instead to make them a place of refuge?
There is nothing more important to me then giving life to my home. They say if momma ain't happy no one is happy and this is very true. I want to be happy, I want to give life to my home.
My Challenge today was to have conversation with David about what make him feel the most loved when it comes to caring for our home. We had a very good conversation of the things he likes that I do, most of the time. It opened my eyes to what my husband sees as important and it is not necessary what I would have thought he would have said.
I had to dust the tops of refrigerator, cabinets, and shelves. I also cleaned and shined the outside of drawers and cabinets. The kitchen is starting to look really good :)