Wednesday, January 18, 2012

3 gifts from God's Word

David and I are currently memorizing different passages of scripture every week. At the end of the year we will have memorized over 200+ verses from scripture.  Some are passages/bigger sections of scriptures and some are just single verses.  
I don't have any conviction one way or another how people memorize scripture just that they do it.  I believe hiding Gods word in our heart is our best weapon against satan.  


Right now I am working of verses about God's word which happens to be the exact gifts that I'm looking for today.  3 Gifts from God's Word that I have been reading are Matt 4:4 which reminds me that I need to make sure that I am in scripture because man does not live on bread alone but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.  Also, in Jeremiah 15:16 is the reminder that I need to have a daily feeding of God's word because it is there that I will find my joy. Finally, in Hebrews 4:12 I read about how alive and active Gods word is.  

I'm so excited by God's word and how no matter how many times I read a passage of scripture God Word is never stale and it is always working in my life if I let it.  

No comments:

Post a Comment