Tuesday, January 17, 2012

One that made me Laugh, Pray, & be Quiet

I have excepted a dared  in 2012 to count 1000 gifts.  This has been something that I been doing regularly since reading Ann Voskamp's book One Thousand Gifts: A Dare  to Live Fully Right Where You Are.   I absolutely love this book.  It has been life changing for me.  I love looking for things to thank God for.  Sometimes great things that happen that day or something m kids do that make me laugh but I'm also learning to find joy in difficult circumstances, which is new for me.

If you don't know me very good then you might not know that I love challenges and I love dares, especially if they bring me closer to my God.

So today I have been looking for gifts that make me laugh, pray, and be quiet.

Laugh:  I got to take some time out of my day top teach my son how to shoot a basketball.  He was practicing when he shot the ball straight up in the air and it came down and hit him right in the head.  I could not help but laugh as he looked directly at me as if I had done it.  Love that kid.

Pray:  I have been praying a lot for my oldest baby Jelissa.  She has an amazing future ahead of her if she continues to follow God and his leading.  I had the privilege of praying for her and then talking to her about my prayer.

Quiet:  I was able to sit with a friend and listen to her as she spoke of her prayers for her son.  I love that I can do this.

No comments:

Post a Comment