Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Crock Pot-Garlic stuff herbed pork shoulder

I am trying to cook with my crock pot to help with stress and give myself more time with my family especially when I'm working .  I have teamed up with a friend and we have challenged ourselves to cook in our crock pot at least 3+ times a week.  We have created files to put all our recipes in so that we can maybe one day create our own "personal" cookbook.  

Tonight I cooked a nice Garlic Stuffed Herbed Pork Shoulder with potatoes and butter-nut squash.  

Recipe:
1 pork roast (approx 3 pds)
4 garlic cloves cut into 4ths=16 pieces
thyme
basil
rosemary
salt 
pepper
finger potatoes
butter-nut squash
1 plus cup of chicken broth


I did not measure my seasonings.  I had lots fresh herbs from my Bountiful Basket that I did not want to go bad so I through them in the freezer and pulled them out to use.  
I cut up the potatoes and butter-nut squash and put it into the bottom of the crock pot.  
I took the roast and cut 16 small holes into it and push the garlic into the roast and then smothered it with herbs.
I then put it on top of the veggies and poured chicken broth over it.  
This cooked on high for about 8 hours on high.  
Yum 

No comments:

Post a Comment