Saturday, March 12, 2011

Special Moments

I went to a conference in January and one of the things that I took away from it was that I needed to make ordinary moments in our life special.  It's not something I'm really good at but I vowed to get better.  
One of the things I do now a almost every meal, especially dinner is lite candles before we eat.  We always sit together at the table as a family but It's never been made a special  occasion unless it was a holiday.  
Now I light candles and turn some of the lights off to make dinner special.  
The kids love it and D always asks to blow out the candles when were done.  
I hope the kids remember that that mom tried to make uneventful moments eventful.  
I actually enjoy it and it seems to settle us down and blocks out the world as we enjoy each other and our food.

I took a few pictures tonight...




The beautiful flowers are from my hubby.  Love him tons!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment