Friday, March 11, 2011

Taking me to another place!!

I had a conversation recently with a friend regarding a blogger and book writer. We were talking about Ann Voskamp the author of "one thousand gifts".  I got the impression from her that she was not a big fan.
I have to admit that I listen to people and see their reactions to stuff and I for some reason, after this conversation, I decided that I would not read the book or go and read her blog.

Something interesting happened after this conversation....I had a dream about the book. That's to funny and somewhat weird since I had no idea what the book or the blog was about. (my dream and the book ended up only sharing the title and differed in every other way)

I had been thinking about what book I wanted to study with a group of friends and was looking for something not to heavy but somewhat challenging but with not a lot of homework ect. ect. ect.

I went to sleep and when I woke up the next morning I remembered the dream :)

To make a long story short, although I have been pushed away from this book and her blog by several people I decided to begin reading it.  

I must say that this is a book worth reading. I could read the whole thing in one setting and yet take months to internalize all the nuggets given.

I have been reading and rereading chapters 1 and 2 for my book study and I have to tell you this book is rocking my world and changing how I think about things. I can't wait for the study with my girl friends. I will check back in with a small review later.

The moral of the story is....regardless of people around you if God has a plan He will see to it that it gets done one way or another. I'm so grateful to serve a God who loves me exactly where i'm at and for who I am but refuses to let me stay here.

 This book is changing and moving me from the inside out.

No comments:

Post a Comment