Sunday, August 28, 2011

Jam

I finally got the Jam made.  This is a good thing because I did not want to lose the berries, which we were close to doing.  I forget every year just how easy it is to make Jam.  There really is nothing like it.  I wonder sometimes   if it is worth the effort and then one taste and I know it is.  We generally preserve enough to get us through the winter but this year we did not get any raspberries because they were not ready when we went down.  Maybe we will pick some up before the end of summer.  

Here is picture of my blackberry jam.  I tasted it already and it is wonderful.  Can't wait, nothing beats a cup of hot tea with toast and a heap of jam for breakfast.  Now I need to work up the case of peaches.  That;s definitely for another day.  



It was a busy day but I'm glad I got it done.

No comments:

Post a Comment