Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Patience




Colossians 3:12



 Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.

This was the verse that I was working on Tuesday.  I was praying when I woke up that I would have patience with my kids.  

Patience...is the one thing I had the least of on Tuesday.  I spent a ton of time praying and thinking about ways that I could deal with my kids.  

I want to be known as a patience mom.  I want not to react to the things they do but think about ways I can teach them based on their behavior.  

Patience is what God tells me to clothe myself in and its the one virtue that I have the hardest time with.  

So what virtue do you struggle with?  Do you find yourself praying to do one thing and that is exactly what you end up doing?

The thing I do not want to do is the exact thing I have ended up doing.  i will wake up tomorrow and start over again.  I will pray to be more Christ like, and I will pray for God's help to be the mom I want and need to be to my kids.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment