Saturday, January 8, 2011

The Heart


...it's a part of the body that God created to pump blood to the rest of the body.  Life starts and ends there.  The Heart, without it life ceases to exist here on earth.  

19 years ago my heart begin to live outside my body.  Today not only does my heart live outside my body it has literally been broken into pieces, 5 different pieces.  How can this be?  How can I live with a broken heart?

March 24, 1991 I looked into the eye of the most beautiful things I had ever saw, my twin girls.  
I could never imagine loving anyone as much as I loved them.  People asked me about other kids and I would laugh and say there's no way I could love another child like I love my girls.

June 19, 1992 I looked into the eyes of a little girl who would wrap me around her little finger from the moment she was born.  I looked into my little Keisha eyes and at that very moment my heart was broken into 3 pieces.  

My life would never be the same.  It's hard to have your heart live outside your body.  How can that be?  How can the organ that pumps life live outside of you?

I never thought I would ever love any child the way i love my girls.  They have made me the mom I am today. I can't imagine life without them.  I'm a better person because of them.  

15 years after Keisha was born David and I have 2 more kids.  Could my heart actually love these 2 kids the way i love my girls?  I worried it might never be possible.  I worried that I would not have the same bond I have with my girls.  

The truth is I had no idea I could possibly love D and C the way I do.  My heart has grown and made room for each child added to our family.  I love all my kids the same.  Yes, the relationship is very different but the love is the same.  
It amazes me that God has made us the way he has but I'm very grateful that He did.

Today part of my heart left to go to Joplin for winter session and again my heart not only lives outside my body but part of my heart is in Joplin.  Love you to the moon and back Kristie 

No comments:

Post a Comment