Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Heart Stopping Fall



I'm finally able to talk about a fall that happened on Sunday.  My heart has not truly slowed down yet but I'm feeling a little better today so I can talk about it.  I did not have any bad dreams last night so I think we are moving past our Sunday event.  

We went over to some friends house after church on Sunday.  We have not hung out for a long time so the whole family was excited to go over.  We don't go to peoples house to often due to a 1 1/2 year old girl and a 3 year old boy, enough said. 
Anyway we went over and played a game, ate some dinner, and just enjoyed sometime with friends.  About half way through our game the Cynthia was standing over by the stairs turning on and off a light that lead downstairs. Out of the corner of my eye I saw a look in my sons eyes that I have seen before.  It is the look of "I wonder what would happen if".  I knew at that very moment that there was trouble.  

By the time my mind caught up with my reflexes my son had push my daughter down a flight of stairs, 14 stairs in all.  14 very long stairs with tile at the bottom of them.  I got up quick but by the time I got to the stairs Cynthia was at the bottom on her back.  I ran to her expecting something bad.  I did not know what I may find but I knew that it was not going to be good.  

By the time I got to the bottom of the stairs I was calmer than I though I would ever be in this situation.  I tried not to pick her up but she grasped my neck so hard that I had no choice.  I picked her up slowly and sat her on a cabinet so I could look her over.  After examining her from top to bottom I could not find anything outwardly wrong.  My heart went to internal stuff.  I watched her like a hawk for the rest of the night and even  the next day.  I just could not get the fall out of my mind.

The truth is I could not get the fact that my daughter had not fallen by herself, her brother had pushed her.  I was so mad at him.  I know he is 3 but it was hard to be ok with it.  I love him dearly but not more or less than his sister.  It was hard for me to know that he had pushed her.  It would have been easier for me if she had just fallen.  Nope she got a push....some momentum.  

I am deathly afraid of heights.  I moved my office upstairs at the church building and I had dreams for almost a month about my kids falling over.  I found a chair outside my door and I had dreams that they got up on the chair to look over and fallen over.  In my dream I am down below and always trying to catch them...which I never did.  So I say this for one reason.  I finally slept through the night last night without dreaming of my daughter falling down the stairs.  

The great news is that Cynthia is doing great.  She has been acting fine and seems to not have been affected by the fall at all.  She ended up with a small rug burn over her eye, one on her knee, and a small scratch on her back.  Other than those small things she has been fine.  God's protection was seen on Sunday and we were and are extremely grateful.  

On the happier side of the day...Darius walked into the our friends house without say "I don't like this house"  which he has done in the pass.  

No comments:

Post a Comment