Sunday, May 9, 2010

Sunday-Mother's Day

Today has been a great day, and very hard day.  I felt as if I did not get to experience everything I would have liked to due to not feeling well.  I spent most of my day in bed getting up to eat and a few other minor things.  I got up early and my oldest daughter came home and fixed breakfast for me.  My children had me open up all my presents before they went to church.  I always love Mother's Day because it's a day set aside where I get acknowledgement for the one job I put the most work into.  I love being a mom and it makes me feel good to have my children tell me that they realize how much they mean to me and how much I love them. 

Sounds weird??  Not to me.  I have things that make me happy and then there are things that make me really really happy.  Those things that make me really happy are 1) doing what is pleasing to My God 2) being a good wife to my husband and 3)being a good mother to my 5 children.  Yes those are the things that I put the most time and effort into.  I pray that everyday I get better at the things that give me the most pleasure. 

I long to hear several words in my life.... "her children arise and call her blessed; her husband also, and he praises her" and.... "well done good and faithful servant".    

No comments:

Post a Comment