Monday, February 21, 2011

Valentines flowers

David and I don't ever do big stuff for Valentines Day.  In fact I'm not even sure I've ever purchase a Valentine card for him, and this year was no different.  David and I have been known to agree on something we would like for the house and buy that for each other in the past.  This year we discussed the possibility of getting a coffee maker that makes coffee buy the cup with little coffee pods.   

After a lot of searching we decided that we did not care how good the coffee was it was going to cost us around $.50 a cup which would equal out to around $10.00 a week.  It costs us pennies to make it now so we decided it was not worth it.

My husband decided to do something he normally doesn't ever do....he bought me flowers on Valentines day.  I was really surprised when I walk into the house and found them.  

I had planned on putting the kiddos to bed and fixing my husband favorite meal for him.  That is exactly what I did.  We had salmon, sweet potatoes, and asparagus by candle light.  I put candles all over the living room and laid out a blanket with a heart table cloth on the floor.   We ate, played games and talked by candle light on the floor.  We had a great Valentines day.  




I love my husband very much, and although I don't like what Valentines Day has some do only once a year I'm glad to have a husband who goes out of his way all the time for me.  




No comments:

Post a Comment