Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Mothering....Not for the weak at heart

I've been home sick for 2 days with some sort of cold, throat, head stuff.  David was off on Monday which was great but had to go back to work on Tuesday when I was feeling the worst :(
The day ended up not being to bad.  D went to preschool for half a day and C stayed home with me.  Thanks to a good friend I did not have to worry about picking him up from preschool, which worked out really good.  

I have been going to the gym 3 to 4 times a week and by Tuesday night I was feeling really bad because I had missed 2 days.....mind you not bad enough to attempt exercising at home :)

Although I'm still not better I thought it would be good to go work out this morning.  So I got the crew ready and  headed out.  My son has not been behaving himself when he is with other teachers so I made sure to remind him to obey them while I was gone.

After my work out I decided to jump in the hot tub for 10 minutes before getting ready and going to get the kids.  I had been in the hot tube for  minutes when I hear Monica Livingston please report to the back gym immediately.  I was not sure what was going on so I rushed out in my bathing suit and towel through the gym, where there is 15 guys playing basketball (I'm sure they loved that) to the back gym where D is sitting against the wall and C is still playing.

Now you see I thought for sure my child was hurt and that since they said "Immediately" that must have meant   right now no matter what your doing.  I go in to find that D has not been listening and has told his teachers and I quote "I'm not going to listen because I want to be naughty" end quote.

I take my kids get dress and leave the Y.  Oh but not before C decides that she wants to push the handicap button, which I did not let her push and she yells at the top of her lungs and begins to throw a huge fit all the way to the car. And just because C is yelling D decides that he will also throw a fit all the way to the car.

Yep that was my morning, and did I mention I was still not feeling well.  Which means I have no patience, and no brilliant parenting idea.  I put my kids in their car seats with promises of spankings when they get home.  

For those who know me at all, I hate spanking PERIOD.  I have learned that there is a time to spank and a time to not.  This I have to tell you was a time to spank.  

My children got their spankings, ate their lunch, and went to bed for their naps. 
Now there is hope for a better afternoon.  At least I pray it's better.

This is not a job for the weak at heart I guarantee you that.  Until next time....

Here is my son now.  He sure is cute when he is sleeping.



And here is my baby girl sleeping with her baby.  

If only they could have been so cute at the Y today.




No comments:

Post a Comment