Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Becoming the Women of His Dreams

So, I'm reading again.  It has been a long time since I read a good book.  I am reading a book called "Becoming the Women of His Dreams, Seven Qualities Every Man Longs For".
It has always been my desire to be a good wife and mother.  I have read many books, went to several conferences, and tried hard to imitate those that I feel are better at it then me, which is lots.
We are currently in a series at church called "Love Month".  I really do like the teaching of our pastor but sometimes I don't always pay as much attention to the bottom line as I need to.   This Sunday was different.
We talked about marriage.  Nothing really new that I have not heard before but something in my "being" was focused on the words.

Let me explain....I feel that I have the best husband in world.  He is gentle, kind, loving, and very very slow to anger.  (Which is good because I do a lot of things that would cause a person to become angry easily)  He is my best friend, my husband, my lover, and the best father in the world to our 5 children.  He is my rock in my time of depression, loneliness, mess up moments (I mean months).  So, why do I need to listen to someone talk to me about marriage?  I have the best marriage and the best husband.

What I realized is that sometimes I take all that for granted.  I forget that this is not the norm for a lot of people.  I forget how blessed I am to be married to my husband.  I forget to thank him for all he does for our family, for me.  Because it is just who he is and not just something he does.  I forget to tell him that I appreciate him.

My desire is to be to him all he is to me.  I want him to look back on his life with me and thank God he brought this women (me) and that man (David) together.  My marriage is not just a contract between David and I but a sacred covenant between three, David, me, and God.  I want to honor my husband and God by being the best wife I can be.

I was reminded on Sunday that it takes work to have a great marriage and that I can not do it "in my own power" because that is and will never be enough; I have to depend on God's power working in and through me to be the wife my husband needs and deserves.  I want to be/become "the women of His Dreams".

Thought for the day:  Remember that every word we (I) speak, every decision we (I) make, and every action we (I) take will either move us closer to or take us further way from our spouses. 

1 comment:

  1. Amen - I so agree with this in so many ways. May God continue to work in our lives to be the wives our husbands need and deserve! Kimberly

    ReplyDelete