Friday, February 12, 2010

Lakeisha aka NuNu

I get to highlight the baby of our family.  Yes I know that she is not the youngest child in our family but she will always be the baby.  Keisha has had a mind of her own since the day she was born.  She has alway been independent and wanted to do what she wanted to do since she was 1 day old.  Keisha is a great daughter.  She is caring and fun.  She loves to irritate she sisters and younger brother to no end.  She has a determination like no one I have ever known.  When she sets her mind to something she never looks back.

Keisha is a great friend to those she is around, however her friendship does cost you something.  She will love you no matter what under one condition....never lie to her.  Boy I have seen her flip out over someone not being honest with her.  She loves with all she has but if you lie to her it takes a lot to gain her trust back.  Lakeisha is the youngest of my older girls but was the first to except Jesus as her Savior.  I have always know that she would be used by God in a very special way since she was little.  I remember going into her room on several occasions and asking her what she was doing.  She responded to me the same way all the time "mom I'm talking to God".  My heart always smiled big knowing that.  I always wanted to know what they were talking about, but I decided to wait and ask God later.

Keisha has done a lot in her short 17year of life, but the one thing that always makes her stand out is her love for the Lord.  She was baptized at a young age and this always worried me.  I always wondered if she really understood the commitment and covenant she was making with God.  As I look back over her life I believe she understood more than I thought she did.  She lives for her Savior full hearted, without care of what those around her think.

Keisha keep living with the same fire for God as you have now.  You are going to make an incredible mother and wife one day.  You are a blessing to our family and we love you so very much.
Love,
Mom

PS This is what the real Keisha and her friends are like..... goofy

No comments:

Post a Comment