Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Feet

Many of you know that the one thing that I can not stand the most is feet.  I don't like the way they look, I don't like them to touch me, I don't like conversation about feet.  It just bothers me.
Last year we did a feet washing at church and I decided to go into the kitchen to do dishes.  My thoughts were "they have plenty of people to do it, they don't need me." 
I could not even imagine going out there and washing feet.  I will clean up throw up or poop for that matter before I would chose to touch a person's feet.  
 Why am I blogging about this?  Because I'm currently studying the book of John.  I am in John 13 where Jesus washes the feet of His disciples, ALL his disciples feet.  This included the disciple that He knew at this time would not be changing his heart condition.  He would that very night betray our Savior.  Before he would do this Jesus would take the position of a slave and wash His feet, all of their feet. 

Learning to be a servant comes from watching the Master. 
 Do I watch Jesus and all He did close enough to imitate.  Jesus washed the feet of a man who was going to betray Him.  Do I have a Judas in my life and am I able to be like Jesus?   Am I able to show those I come in contact with the Love of Christ.  Each choice I make in life will either bring me one step closer to God or one step further from Him.  Will I chose to wash the feet of not only those closest to me but also the one that have or will betray me?  I sure hope so!

Thought of the day:  Humility is the only soil in which grace grows.      

No comments:

Post a Comment