Saturday, June 12, 2010

God has great timing

We have been in this house for over 7 years and have had the same neighbors the whole time.  We have never known any of them, for what I believed was good reasons.  We wave say hi during the summer and that was about it.  Well, God had been telling me that we needed to get out of our comfort zone and meet some of our neighbors.  What better way to get to know your neighbors than a yard sale.  One thing lead to another and we got the opportunity to invite our next door neighbors over to night for dinner.  

Tiffany looks to be about 20, and Joe around 25.  They have one daughter Cynthia's age and a little boy due August 1st.  They live with his mother who we have meet a few times.  

I decided after meeting Tiffany a week ago that we needed to get to know them.  So on Tuesday I saw them getting out of their truck and I waved to them and then went over and invited them to dinner Saturday night.  Lakeisha and David were standing by our van when I went back over and told them that the neighbors were coming over at 5:30 on Saturday. 

Keisha is so funny, she says I didn't think they would say yes.  

Well, they did and the rest is history.  I was able to get a few things together of Darius' for her new baby coming and we had a great time.  Yes David and I are old.  Yes David is old enough to be there dad, but we had a great time.  

We laughed, we told stories, we enjoyed each others company, and we planned a yard sale.

As I sit here and write this blog it's amazing how God works.  He just wants us to listen to him and He will do the rest.  We found out that Joe's mom is getting ready to move to Mississippi and they will be living in the house soon all by themselves.  By July they will not have any family here and they are expecting their second baby.  

God's timing is so good.  I feel God has connected us with these 2 young people for a reason.  If it is only to plant a seed in their lives I'm so glad He is using us to do it.  


 Please lift Joe, Tiffany, Alexis, and their unborn son  up in your prayers as they begin this new life without his mom and on their own.     

No comments:

Post a Comment