Monday, June 7, 2010

My week at a glance

Bible Study: Still going through "already gone" great book but very sad... I'm still needing to get the Beth Moore study prepared before its time to lead it.

Memory Verse:  Phil 2:5 this is going to end up being a new life verse since I can't seem to keep my attitude right.

Husband Encouragement
1st thing I need to say is my husband rocks.  He brings me so much joy.  I am so blessed to be spending this life with that man.  So with that said..
*  I want to remember to be my husbands #1 cheerleader- he's great so this should be easy but I forget to tell him as often as he deserves.
*  Remember to always hug and kiss him when he gets home--I need to remember this week to stop what I'm doing and go to him, instead of him finding me when he gets home.  I make the kids do this but I'm generally am trying to fix dinner and I don't stop.
*  Stop this week several times and give him long hugs---he loves this and it shows him that he is the most important thing to me on this earth.

Training them up
Darius: I need to stay consistant with him.  I also want to play more table games with him, he is learning patience from playing

Cynthia: She is in the yelling stage and it's driving me crazy.  I need to stay on her about it.  I need to stay consistant.  (See a theme here)


Personal Goal
*Set some time aside for a cup of tea and a good book
*Keep up with my current schedule-even if I'm so tierd by bed
*Set aside some more time to blog- I'm really not use to the new schedule so I have just been so tierd every night that after I complete my list of things to do before I go to bed, I'm just crashing.
*Plan a cheap date night for me and my prince charming


Habit of the Month Same as last week

Zone - our bedroom- I keep up with every room in the house and leave our room for last.  Well, I have alway been told and have tried to keep our room our sanctuary but lately it is in need of a makeover.  This week I need to get our room together.

Menu
M -Pepper Steak, Brown rice and homemade tortillas

T - Beans and Ham, Cornbread

W - Chicken Pot Pie

Th - Tilapia fish, Sweet Potatoes, veggie

F - Personal Pizza's (I might look into this pizza on the grill thing sounds fun)
I have decided to make Friday my baking day so we will see if it gets done :)

S - hotdogs, corn on the cob, and grilled potatoes

Sunday- something in the crockpot before I leave for church


FUN Things
I need to get out and do somethings with my kids.  Park time, library time, it does no matter I just need to play with them

3 things I'm thankful for today:

1. My Family
2. My job
3. My health- go to the doctor on Wednesday for my post surgery appointment...hoping to get a clean bill of health.
4.  I'm also thankful for the blog "In light of truth" for helping me organize my thoughts each week.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for joining me this week! I'm with ya on the "your bedroom should be a sanctuary but it always gets put off". The last couple of months I've been working on transforming the decorations so it actually LOOKS like something, and now that I'm *almost* done with that I need to keep up cleaning it, like dusting it, keeping the dressers cleaned off, and clothes off the floor and radiator! *sigh*

    And as for the personal pizzas... you can just put frozen pizza on the grill instead. 5 minutes or so. That keeps your house from getting all hot with the oven being on, and plus, it's just more fun! Then last week I came across this recipe for pita pizzas on the grill: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Pita-Pizza/Detail.aspx I never could find pita bread anywhere around here (small town!!) so I ended up using a package of thin buns (a new thing I guess), put on all the toppings, grilled 'em til the cheese was all melted--turned out pretty good and a cute size for the kids!

    Have a great week!!

    ReplyDelete