Thursday, September 9, 2010

For bigger or smaller!!!



It has been many moon since God brought me and my prince charming together.  We were friends for even several years before we got married...I really did marry my best friend.  


As can be seen by anyone who has know me for any length of time I have always struggled with my weight.  I have watched friends loss and gain weight for years. I have skinny friends who want to skinnier and bigger friend who want to be littler and I have watched them deal with their own set of problem, regarding weight.   I have watch many have surgery to fix their problem and know some who have done lots of dangerous this...in the pursuit of skinniness.

Recently I was asked whether I had lost weight...and of course my answer was probable not.  The honest truth is I have not really been thinking about my weight much.  No that does not mean that I stop thinking about eating healthy or that I just go around eating everything in sight.  I just have not been obsessed with being "skinny"

When me and my husband got married he married me, Monica.  He did not marry my weight.  I can remember the first time my husband told me that he thought I was beautiful.  I almost melted.  He though I was beautiful.  Just the way I was/am.  He has never stopped telling me how beautiful he thinks I am.  For that I am truly grateful.  

I begin to realize that my husband was not concerned about how much I weighted or did not weight my husband needed and wanted a wife with a happy, God-fearing, heart.  

When I turn my thoughts inward...(on my weight) I forget about what is most important which is Christ living out of me.  I start to think about myself and my needs and not on what Christ wants.  

My husband and Christ would rather me have a happy heart than me have a picture-perfect body.   

Do I have a goal-weight in mind?  Oh yes, I do.  Do I think it is important to look my very best, (HOT EVEN), for my husband? Oh yes, I do. 

I am not trying to be anyone else. God created me and loves me exactly as I am. He cares about how much I change on the inside way more than how much I change on the outside and that will be my main focus...
"
And we, who with unveiled faces all reflect the Lord's glory, are being transformed into his likeness with ever-increasing glory, which comes from the Lord, who is the Spirit."


No comments:

Post a Comment