Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Friday-trying to get ready

I signed up to go to a ladies retreat that was in Estes Park this past weekend.  I love Estes and love going any chance I can get.  I was looking forward to spending some time with the ladies and getting to know a few that I don't know very well.  

I have been struggling to get organized with all my homeschooling stuff and really wanted it done before I left for the retreat.  I had stuff scattered everywhere.  I'm suppose to be picking people up at 1:30pm and at 12pm I was not ready or packed and I had stuff scattered from one end of my house to the other.  

If you don't know me this might not seem very important but if you do, you know that I was pulling out my hair.  I like to leave my house with basically nothing out of place when I leave.  I hate coming home to tons of projects and a dirty house.  I want all laundry clean, dishes washed and put up, and all rooms spotless.  

I realize that the kids and David would still be here, but I did not want him to have to worry about house stuff.  

To make a long story short I got everything done, however there were some glitches.  While I was preoccupied with getting things done Darius decided he wanted to go outside and play.  This is normally not a big deal but on this day it turned out to be a big mess.  

In our back yard we have split it in half....half we planted grass in and the other half is for the kids.  We plan to put bark on the side where they play next year, but for now it is just DIRT.   We have been watering the grass everyday and Darius decided Friday before I left for retreat that he would like grass on his play area side.    Of course if you want grass you need WATER....




Without a second thought I told D to have fun playing and his daddy would be home very soon :)

No comments:

Post a Comment