Friday, January 1, 2010

2009

Wow I can hardly believe that it is now 2010. I love that we get to enter a new year with great anticipation of what our great God is going to do. I look back on 2009 and can not believe how much our family has changed and how much God has blessed the Livingstons. Here is just a few of the things that happened this year

Jelissa: In July the oldest of the Livingston clan moved out and into her own apartment. She decided to not go to college this year but rather take a year off. She worked at Safeway and learned that she can spend just as much as she earns :) Jelissa learned may lessons this year but has learned that staying close to the Lord is one decision that she will never regret. Jelissa always challenges me and pushes buttons with me that I never even knew I had but my life would never be complete without her. She is a great girl with great life ahead of her.

Kristie: Well, in August I had to do one of the things I never thought I could do..I let my little girl go off to college. I cried almost all the way home wondering about how I had just had a piece of my heart torn out of my body and left in another state. Kristie missed home just as much as she was missed. I received a phone call everyday and enjoyed many hours of conversation with her while she was gone. I found that the relationship that was developing with my little girl was one that was going to be deeper more real than anything I could imagine with one of my girls.

Lakeisha: has been my right hand girl since the twins moved out. I look at Keisha daily and wonder if she could possibly get any more beautiful. She has a personality that that is so strong. She is a girl who knows what she wants and goes for it. She has acted in several plays this year and went away to become a California girl last summer. She came back more grown than when she left. She can definitely handle what ever comes her way. She is now getting ready for college and is so ready to made the transition. She is as beautiful on the inside as she is on the outside. I could not be more proud of the way she handles herself and how she always looks to make those around her better and does not look to tear down She is a blessing to out family that is worth its weight in gold

Darius: My hands would get tired typing about this precious little boy. He brings more joy to our family than we could have ever anticipated. I look at that boy everyday and wonder why God loves me so much that He allows me to be his mother. He has so much energy and so much excitement for the world that we can hardly keep up. He has learned to that being polite gets him almost everything he wants. He tells all his sisters and mom and dad daily that he loves them more than the moon. He is a snugly boy who loves trains, and was excited that Santa brought him one.

Cynthia: This little girl is so sweet and so loving that it hard to believe that she is my little girl. Cynthia has learned so much from her brother that on some days I want to slow her growth down. She has grown up so much this year. She learned to walk and is now beginning to talk. She has taken stake on her daddy's heart and yells at Lakeisha when she sits on his lap. She does not like her daddy to come into a room without picking her up. Our family would not be complete without her.

David: David is truly is the best husband ever. He is the best dad I know and is very active in our family lives. In addition to working full time in the computer world David is right by my side as I work in children's ministry. David is a blessing from the Lord. I can't imagine my life without him. I feel so blessed with all that the Lord has done for me and my family. I am excited to see what the Lord is going to do in 2010.

My God Dream in 2010 is that me and my children will continue to grow closer to the Lord and will live our lives so that others will question us....and then we can tell them about our great God.

No comments:

Post a Comment